- Budgets & Plans
The Ditsobotla Local Municipality was established through the amalgamation of the former Lichtenburg, Coligny and Biesiesvlei Transitional Councils. Its head office is in Lichtenburg.
Agriculture; mining and quarrying; manufacturing; wholesale and retail trade; financial; insurance, real estate and business services.
- Cultural, heritage and agricultural museums
- The burning vlei is a unique vlei consisting of the thick layers of subterrranean peat that burnt for years, creating a rare natural phenomenon
- The Lichtenburg Game Breeding Centre
- Eufees and Duch Roode Dams, situated between the CBD and Burgersdorp
- Molopo Oog/Wondergat
Key facts and figures
Population: 200 141Major towns: Lichtenburg, ColignyRailways: Mafikeng–JohannesburgAirports: Lichtenburg Airfield, Mafikeng Airport
- Hon Lesego Holele, Mayor
- Mr M.J. Molefe (Acting Municipal Manager)